Check out my numbers!

Jul 12, 2012
Winter Haven, FL
OK I just want the TFP pros to check my numbers, I just had my plaster pool remodeled so brand new plaster is on, 2nd week now. I can tell it's eating up the myuratic acid quickly as my PH rises every day. Anyways I did my TF test kit last night, here's what I'm at.

CYA 35 (it was right between 30-40, tested twice. do I need to add in some stabilizer? We have had very very heavy rains which have caused my pool to overflow twice in a week resulting in backwashing once and draining some water out another time)
TA 90
CH 175 (too low? Fresh city water was put in 2 weeks ago, metal out used when the water was put in by the pool builder)
FC 6
PH 7.2 (it's low to help with the new plaster, it will raise up to 7.4 today I'd imagine)

We aren't swimming until this weekend. I just wanted you guys to check over my numbers and make sure all is well :) The water looks great but man the frogs are driving me mad. I killed 6 last night. I wouldn't kill them if they didn't lay eggs in my pool every night :\ The chlorine doesn't seem to bother them much.

CYA, assume 40. your in florida, so you can probably bump that to 50 if you notice a lot of FC loss during the day
TA looks perfect
CH - a bit low with new plaster, but not out of the range. Does your pool builder have a required level for warranty purposes?
pH and FC look good.

why aren't you swimming??!

CYA, assume 40. your in florida, so you can probably bump that to 50 if you notice a lot of FC loss during the day
TA looks perfect
CH - a bit low with new plaster, but not out of the range. Does your pool builder have a required level for warranty purposes?
pH and FC look good.

why aren't you swimming??!

I was thinking the same about upping CYA, my pool has overflowed twice in 2 weeks. I assume water loss will be normal (before remodel I had a leak, so overflowing was the least of my worries).

I will be in the pool tonight no doubt, after I do some electrician work and fix my pool light. I think the switch is bad so I'm buying a new light switch to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.