Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check out my numbers!

1. Back To Top    #1

Check out my numbers!

OK I just want the TFP pros to check my numbers, I just had my plaster pool remodeled so brand new plaster is on, 2nd week now. I can tell it's eating up the myuratic acid quickly as my PH rises every day. Anyways I did my TF test kit last night, here's what I'm at.

CYA 35 (it was right between 30-40, tested twice. do I need to add in some stabilizer? We have had very very heavy rains which have caused my pool to overflow twice in a week resulting in backwashing once and draining some water out another time)
    TA 90
    CH 175 (too low? Fresh city water was put in 2 weeks ago, metal out used when the water was put in by the pool builder)
    FC 6
    PH 7.2 (it's low to help with the new plaster, it will raise up to 7.4 today I'd imagine)

We aren't swimming until this weekend. I just wanted you guys to check over my numbers and make sure all is well The water looks great but man the frogs are driving me mad. I killed 6 last night. I wouldn't kill them if they didn't lay eggs in my pool every night :\ The chlorine doesn't seem to bother them much.
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check out my numbers!

CYA, assume 40. your in florida, so you can probably bump that to 50 if you notice a lot of FC loss during the day
    TA looks perfect
    CH - a bit low with new plaster, but not out of the range. Does your pool builder have a required level for warranty purposes?
    pH and FC look good.

why aren't you swimming??!
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Check out my numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by DaninFLA View Post
    CYA, assume 40. your in florida, so you can probably bump that to 50 if you notice a lot of FC loss during the day
    TA looks perfect
    CH - a bit low with new plaster, but not out of the range. Does your pool builder have a required level for warranty purposes?
    pH and FC look good.

why aren't you swimming??!
    I was thinking the same about upping CYA, my pool has overflowed twice in 2 weeks. I assume water loss will be normal (before remodel I had a leak, so overflowing was the least of my worries).

I will be in the pool tonight no doubt, after I do some electrician work and fix my pool light. I think the switch is bad so I'm buying a new light switch to install.
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump