jbesaltwaterpool

May 26, 2015
Jonesboro, AR
Received the TF-100 kit and tested the water this morning. 26k vinyl IG salt with IC40 SWG. 1.5 Superflo pump. I turn pump off at night and run during day with SWG at 60%. Pool was built this year and completed about month and a half ago. Water has always been crystal clear. PS told me to add bleach at first which is what i did, then went with their recommendations for other chemicals. Here are my results.

FC: 4
CC:0
TA: 120
CYA: 20
PH: 7.8

I did the pool math to see what I need. Any thoughts? I know CYA has to come up. TA is high because its our water around here. Thanks. Glad the site is back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CYA is very very low for a SW pool. if its under 30, its not accurate for the test kit. you need to add 30ppm of CYA asap. use pool math to figure out how much. after it dissolves, retest in 1 week and adjust as needed to get to at least CYA level of 60.

other than that, you can lower your pH down to 7.2 and it will keep rising. this will eventually lower your TA and your pH will become more stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.