New pool fill Ultra 18x42

Jun 19, 2015
Rochester/NH
I've searched & having trouble understanding & finding the info I need. I'm having my pool filled today from a pool water supply house. I've lowered the return on my pool so I can keep the water level around 36" vs the 42". The pool normally holds 6500 gallons but with the lowered level will probably be 500-800 gallons less at least? Do I add liquid bleach today & if so how much. How much stabilizer since I know that is needed as well. My TF-100 is on the way but won't be here in time. I will be running the Intex pump to start & eventually getting a SWG.

I figured it at 5700 gallons using the pool calculator but I don't have any test results so I have no idea where to begin. I need to know what to put in it today before I get my test kit & I can't figure that out using the chart? Am I missing something obvious?

I'm not familiar with a pool water supply house. Does the water come already balanced? If so, then they should be able to tell you what your starting levels for FC and CYA are.

If it's just tap water, plug zero into Poolmath for those values and start from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.