Contemplating an AGP have lots of questions.

Jul 24, 2014
Clover, SC
Hi all! Mu wife and I have been looking at pools for 3 years now. I just cannot make myself pay $30k for an inground so I have talked her into an above ground. I am a DIY guy so I will be installing it myself. I just finished a new deck myself and plan to put the pool close to it and then incorporate it into the deck.

-My budget is $5k or less. Material package only, not installation\labor.
-I am looking for something in the 21' to 24' size and 52\54" deep.
-Salt water filtration if possible

I live in Lake Wylie South Carolina on 11 acres with no HOA so I am not limited on size or style. I found the 2 links yesterday with one listing a top 10 list of pools. I would like to get you all's input on.

http://poolservicema.com/product-reviews/above-ground-pool-reviews/

http://poolservicema.com/above-ground-pool/best-above-ground-pool-packages/

- Agree with the list?
- Familiar with MGK pool service
-Anyone near me that has an AGP I could look at?
- your recommendation on a pool manufacturer?
-Resin or metal construction?
- pros and cons of round vs oval?
-pump sizes?
-filter sizes?
-buy a package or peice together setup?

Thanks for any and all info and advice!
Wade

I have a Sharkline Venture I bought from poolsupplyworld.com. it's a 24'×54. If you can go bigger, do it! I got free shipping on the pool. It's a resin pool. I love it.

If I were you, I'd purchase a 1.5 hp, 2 speed pump to save on electric. You can chose cartridge, sand or a DE filter. Everyone has their preferences, mine is DE but what ever you chose, you need to buy the largest one you can afford so it will keep the cleaning down.

I'd buy the pool n search for pump n filter elsewhere so you can get the best bang for your buck.

We bought our 33'x54' AGP from an individual, took it down & moved it ourselves then reinstalled on ground we prepared. Only paid $400 for it, all the equipment, wood deck that went half way around, new liner still in the box and a small hot tub. Saved THOUSANDS over what a friend of mine paid for hers and they are the same size. My friend paid nearly $7000 for hers with basic equipment from her local pool store. If you are a DIYer, this may be a good option to get the pool itself then spend what you want on upgrades, if needed. We love it! There are previously owned pools listed on Craigslist from time to time so it's an option. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.