Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Base for Pool - Question About Pavers

1. Back To Top    #1

New Base for Pool - Question About Pavers

We are in the home stretch (YAY!) of pool 2.0 build, but I have a question. Due to gopher issues, we built up a frame for our pool(using treated lumber and lag bots, then reinforced with rebar) and plan to do the following:

weed cloth
    3" of plate compacted class 2 road base
    foam boards taped together with flashing tape
    Pool

My question: do I still need to put pavers under the legs if the pool is resting on compacted road base? Is it even pavers that you use for a rectangle pool?

Taking lots of pictures of the process!
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Base for Pool - Question About Pavers

Yes, it is better to have the legs on pavers that are about 2" thick. Pavers provide a more even surface for the legs to rest on, and will spread out the downward forces on the legs from the weight of the water.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! Road base to be delivered today!
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like a great base for the pool😃

5. Back To Top    #5

I would still put the pavers.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.