Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build DFW,TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build DFW,TX

Well we have a dig day of 6/30 if the rain holds off.
    pool2.jpgpool3.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build DFW,TX

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Where are the mountains in Hurst?
    36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, I'd sorta like to know about those hills too! The clouds, I recognize, the hills.....not so much! Good lookin' pool.
    Roman Style 20+ Year Remodel 4'-10.5'. 25K Gallon - Hayward SWG conversion. SWG. Blue Granite PebbleSheen w/Shells. Ash Nero Trim Tile. Remodel of steps, added bench seating and small sundeck. Maytronics Dolphin M4 Robot Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

I want to be the first one down that slide!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks good neighbor
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Gunite is done, electrical is done tile and flag stone start Monday....
    FullSizeRender.jpg

8. Back To Top    #8

It looks like pool now! Monday will be a fun day!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

My wife decided to put in a slide to my dismay. Hopefully my kids will enjoy it as much as you enjoy yours. Actually mine kinda looks like your artwork.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump
    A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

10. Back To Top    #10

Decking done next is finish off a couple retaining walls, regrade the yard, and light blue quartz plaster. Trying to decide what to stain or paint the salt finish decking with.

11. Back To Top    #11

Do you have any photo updates?
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

12. Back To Top    #12

Do NOT paint the deck. It will wear and flake. Staining might last longer.

Kim

13. Back To Top    #13

We did color hardener in our rock salt deck. Maintenance free and still nice after 3 years. Pics in thread in my sig.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

Pooldv, I checked out your build thread and that is exactly the kind of deck I want! Is the color hardener what gives it that soft tan color? How much doesn't something like that run per sq. ft?
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

15. Back To Top    #15

Yes, the color hardener did it, it was tan or buff or something like that. After they float it they toss the powder stuff on it then rock salt. It was in the regular deck price, no upcharge. No idea what the cost per sf was. We love it. Zero maintenance in 3 years other than an occasional hose off.
    TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

Yup, that's just what I want! Thanks!