Should I be concern

I have somewhat of a dilemma.
This spring I had a contractor install a new liner. After draining as much water as he could he used a shovel and made a trench so all the water and debris would flow out the back of the pool. Before installing he covered back the whole and smooth all the sand and made sure it had a cove all around. (I think thats what its called) Once the pool was filled I saw that that trench did not stay covered up so the liner conform to somewhat like the trench. Very few wrinkles, I did not think it was a big deal.
Yesterday my grandson saw a weed growing in that spot, into the pool the weed had gone through the liner. He pulled the weed and it started to leak really bad. So bad the sand that was around the bottom of the pool got washed away. I was able to go to the outside of the pool and see and touch the liner so I tried to patch from the bottom up. It slowed the leak a lot but did not stop it. so today I got in the pool with googles found the hole patched it and no leak. But now the bottom of the liner is about 3 inches lower then the bottom of the pool wall. When in the pool and put my foot in that spot it feels pretty solid not squishy. I was thinking about putting sand in there as much as I can wet the sand and tamping it then put a sand bag in front of that . I also sprayed weed killer to keep the grass and weeds away from the pool. Is this gonna work or am I trouble. Will I need to put a new liner in. I hope not it costs too much money. Is there something else I can do.
Thanks for all advice given
Bob

I doubt you will be able to really repair the ground while the pool is full. The weight of the water is going to make it very difficult, and you run the risk of poking another hole in the liner trying to get dirt under there. I would contact the person who installed the liner and tell them about the situation and see if they will repair the damage they did by digging a trench. Take pictures of the current situation and if you have any from around the time of the installation that could help too. The liner will stretch but without support under it eventually something is going to poke another hole in the liner.

The pool should be drained properly, using a pump for the bulk of the water and a shop vac for the puddles. The liner will need to be pulled out of the way and the hole filled in with a layer of decomposed granite or other fine stone base a couple of inches thick and top it with well compacted soil. Then you will need to spread the sand floor and build up the cove in the damaged area. You are going to need a base that is not going to sink or wash away. If you just fill the hole with compacted dirt the weight of the filled pool will compact it far more than you can and you will have a depressed area again.

Thanks for the reply, guess I should have said that altho its in the trench the pool liner is on the ground and when waling on it it feels solid the dip is not that deep maybe 3in. But I can walk on it with a problem it just doesn't look good. I think I can wait till next spring and make the repair that you described . I'm sure that would be a permanent repair. Thanks for the reply, and advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.