Newbie with new test numbers - what to tackle first?

Jun 9, 2014
SD
I just completed my second partial drain and refill due to sky high CYA and TA. Here are my new numbers:

FC = .4
CC = .4
PH = 7.6
TA = 275
CH = 175
CYA = 55

The water has a greenish tint to it after refill. Do I need to decrease the ph more before beginning the SLAM process? Approximately how long does it take for chlorine to increase? Thanks in advance!

You can decrease the pH more if you want, but it is fine where it is. You should be able to see an increase in chlorine after it is allowed to mix into the bulk of the water, approx 15-30 minutes after adding in front of the return with the pump running.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Yes, take your PH down to 7.2 for the SLAM. As soon as you get your PH down start the SLAM.

FC increases as soon as you add the bleach/chlorine. You should wait about 15 mins of the pump running and mixing the water before you test your FC to make sure you added enough.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.