Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 508 Errors yesterday, still super slow today

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: 508 Errors yesterday, still super slow today

If you watched hte national news, Chicago had some bad weather issues. That where the servery and Ozzy are. Not sure, but I think the problems are related to that. Either that, or Dave didnt pay the internet bill !
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

2. Back To Top    #2

508 Errors yesterday, still super slow today

Good morning. Not to be captain obvious, but you were getting 508 errors yesterday and today is brutally slow. Is there a plan afoot to beef up server resources or is there a hack eating your space? Obviously this question can wait for a less critical time Just curious.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I was having withdrawal symptoms!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I went to the pool store!
    18'x9', IG, Plaster, AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWG (RC-35/22 Cell), 1 HP Sta-Rite Dyna-Glas Pump, Sta-Rite PXC75 Posi-Clear Cartridge System, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I actually got stuff done around the house!
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

6. Back To Top    #6

wierd things going on too! I replied to swampwoman, but somehow, ended up as post #1.
    I wonder what this one will do.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Hello,

We are sorry for the issues you are having. Currently TFP is experiencing an outage that we are currently working to fix. While it's somewhat working, there's clearly still multiple issues. *

We are VERY sorry once again for this issue, but hope to be back up soon.

Lee

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I actually got stuff done around the house!
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Yesterday I learned that I might be addicted to TPF. Talk about serious withdrawal. CNN, ESPN, Facebook, etc could not feed my need to read.
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

10. Back To Top    #10

i looked up other pool forums, sadly nothing compare to TFP. i found a few that are ghost towns where posts dont even get replies like this one, another where every questions is answered by the same guy who gives typical "pool store" answers (lots of cal-hypo) here. but the funny thing is, every forum no matter how obscure or old, has posts by some guy named chemgeek

p.s. the pool forum seems to be like algae in a TFP pool - dead in the water
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

I was so bored on my breaks at work and worst of all I had to actually go to bed last night at bedtime! The horror!

Fiiixxxx iitttttt. lol

18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by poolnoob.ca View Post
    i looked up other pool forums, sadly nothing compare to TFP. i found a few that are ghost towns where posts dont even get replies like this one, another where every questions is answered by the same guy who gives typical "pool store" answers (lots of cal-hypo) here. but the funny thing is, every forum no matter how obscure or old, has posts by some guy named chemgeek

p.s. the pool forum seems to be like algae in a TFP pool - dead in the water
    I bet pool forum is having their busiest couple of days right now. Not for posts but for all of the TFP junkies who are over there desperately trying to get a fix.

There is no substitute. I just browsed around over there for a few minutes and *yawn*.

Please come back TFP! I have now had to resort to cleaning up my emails from the past 6 months. Ugh.

13. Back To Top    #13

Ok. I'm going to clean the bathroom now.

I am so desperate I'm in this thread talking to myself!

#firstworldproblems ? lol

14. Back To Top    #14

Took 5 refreshes to get this page up...I agree, this is no bueno. Looks like it's either a vbulletin software issue, or a server availability issue...I'm leaning toward vbulletin, because even when the forum isn't working, the pool school static pages seem to work...that, and the random database errors I see in some pages returned.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

15. Back To Top    #15

gillbee, I'll disagree If it was vbulletin it shouldn't be so sporadic. Looks like a hosting or network issue to me

Wait, you said static pages work, so I'll still disagree with it being vbulletin but highly likely is database related!!! What does the site use anyway? MySQL, SQL, Oracle?

- - - Updated - - -

gillbee, I'll disagree If it was vbulletin it shouldn't be so sporadic. Looks like a hosting or network issue to me

Wait, you said static pages work, so I'll still disagree with it being vbulletin but highly likely is database related!!! What does the site use anyway? MySQL, SQL, Oracle?
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by poolnoob.ca View Post
    but the funny thing is, every forum no matter how obscure or old, has posts by some guy named chemgeek
    Yeah, and there all these references from him back to the Pool School and other areas of TFP. Go figure.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by whalers11 View Post
    I went to the pool store!

NO! This is the worst symptom of them all! Fix it fast! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

As you can all see, there are still a number of issues that are currently still occurring on TFP. While I wish I could give more details into these issues, we are working on it once again. Ozzy was up until around 3am this morning doing his best to get things at least somewhat restored. He's on it once again now. I'll do my best to keep everybody updated as we go.

Once again, we are VERY sorry for this issue. It's not something that should happen.
    Lee

19. Back To Top    #19

Leebo and Ozzy work very hard to keep TFP running smoothly, in addition to living life in the real world with families and work obligations. Sometimes no matter how hard you work it all goes down the tubes! In time they will get everything up to speed again. We may not be at optimum efficiency but we are functional, which is far better than yesterday! I deeply appreciate these guys and the time and work they put into keeping TFP up and running! Leebo, Ozzy, you guys rock!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

20. Back To Top    #20

Ozzy! 3 am??????????? OUCH! Dude! Can I get you a beer???????

THANKS!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Ozzy! 3 am??????????? OUCH! Dude! Can I get you a beer???????

THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast