Check Flow/PCB reported. Can't figure out why.

Oct 21, 2009
I have a 21000 gal inground PebbleSheen pool installed in 2010. I have all Pentair equipment including an Intellitouch control system, a VS pump and an Intellichlor SWG. Up through last year, everything was going great. In fact, last year I barely had to do anything to the pool. My chemicals were all very stable. I rarely had to adjust the pH and only occasionally added salt.

I use thepoolcalculator.com with TFP goals.

This year things are much worse.

The biggest issue I'm having is that my Intellichlor is reporting "Check Flow/PCB" at pump speeds that last year were perfectly fine. I have already backwashed my DE filter once, but that didn't help. I also acid washed my SWG. It looked very clean when I took it out but I acid washed it anyway. Same problem.

When my pool was first installed, I recorded the pressure value at the filter for a number of different pump speeds. In the past, if the filter got clogged, the pressure would go up for a given pump speed. That is, if typically it read 9psi at 1800rpm, if the filter got clogged it might read 12psi. Presently, it is still reading 9psi for 1800rpm.

Given that my SWG is not running as often as it used to, my FC levels are very low and my pool is getting cloudy. I have increased the chlorine level to 60% (from 40%) and just shocked the pool this morning. I'll see how it looks this evening when I get home.

I haven't opened up the Nature2 yet. My PB talked me into it before I found TFP. I think I had the cartridge removed at some point. If not, could this be the issue?

I have friends house-sitting next week while we're away and I'd like to get the pool back in shape before I leave. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I saw that link, but I don't think it's the same problem. My Flow light on the Intellichlor matches the display on my Intellitouch and if I increase the pump speed, the error message goes away and the Flow light goes back to green.

Thanks. (That is a sincere "Thanks" not a snide, sarcastic "Thanks")

Sorry I missed the fact that the flow light followed the cell and went away when the flow was increased.

What range is your pressure gauge?

I think I'd look at the impeller to see if it's clogged a little. It wouldn't take much to reduce the flow below the threshold if it's already close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.