Cloudy water after party with 18 kids

May 15, 2015
Brooklyn NY
Hello. I should of asked this group before the party but I forgot and now probably paying for it. As of this morning my FC was at 8.5 and PH was a nice 7.6 with crystal clear water. My daughter had a graduation party with 18, 10-11 year olds swimming for about 4 hours straight. I told everyone a basic rule of No Peeing in the pool but I bet that went to deaf ears. After the party my water is pretty cloudy. Looks clean but cloudy. I put my swg on 100% output to try to kill whatever bad stuff is in the water. I havnt tested the water yet but is there any suggestions to get my water crystal clear again?

I have what could be another issue. I set my swg to super chlorinate but the super chlorinate light wouldn't turn on. I tried a few times of turning on and off but still no go. So I set it to auto and turned dial to 100%. Is setting to 100% same as superchlorinate? I will have teh pump running non stop until pool is clear again. Thank you for the responses.

Had a similar situation. Had a pool party over the weekend with 10-12 adults and kids. I never take my swg off of 80%, the setting that works for "normal" use. And I never ever use the super chlorinate setting as I do not want to shorten my cell life any more than I need to. I simply keep liquid chlorine on hand for just such situations. I know the purists on here will yell at me and tell me to use my Taylor kit to get the dosage exactly right but I blindly dump in about a half gallon and it keeps me good to go until the next weekend when I test the chemicals again.

Where is your FC reading now? It is probably just sunblock and your normal production of FC got used up trying to eat the contaminants and sunblock.

As to your super chlorinate not working I am of no help. Try to unplug the unit and reset it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will be fine, it just takes a couple days to clear up in my experience so far. have had a couple LARGE parties with massive amounts of kids and its always cloudy after. i pre chlorinate up to 8 and ended up with 1 the next morning the last time - added a jug of chlorine bleach, filtered for a day, and the next day it was clear again. sounds like you have enough chlorine, it just needs to time for the chlorine to chew up the sweat and sunscreen (and maybe pee) and for the filter to...filter. just my opinion from what i've witnessed. the only question i have is why you are running your SWG so high when you already have enough chlorine? if you want more just dump in a jug.

I add bleach to get FC to 10-12 before the party and test and back to 10-12 after the party and test again 2-3 hours later and back to 10-12 one more time. This usually gets it clear for the party the next day.

I resolved my super chlorinate light not turning on. Turns out you have to have the swg and pump running first in auto mode with a % set and then flip switch to super chlorinate. I had it running overnight and came out this morning to a clearer pool. But my filter pressure shot up to around 19 and it looks like cloudy water is coming out of my return. I didnt have time to work on it before work so I left it on and plan to backwash when I get home tonight to drop the pressure back to its normal 15psi. Im also going to pick up a gallon or two of bleach. If my FC is below 10, should i just spill a bottle in the pool just to raise the FC to help clear the water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.