Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl pool liner

Did anyone else have a hard time picking a liner? I'm a visual person and not seeing it in a pool is hard. Our builder uses Loop Loc. Anyone else have that brand that could post pictures. I want a medium blue that has a little more Aqua color to it. Thanks!
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl pool liner

Not sure abotu your builders rules, but if you see a pattern at a liner manufacturer dealer you like, I would think that he shoudl accomodate. But anyway, one idea is to ask your builder for a vinyl swatch book. Mine gave me a book that had 2 foot by 1 foot vinyl piece squares. I then went to a friends pool, and dropped the swatches into the bottom of the shallow end. It was way different seeing the patterns in the water versus just looking at them in a book out of water.
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Great idea! Thanks!
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

4. Back To Top    #4

Assuming you have access to a pool, and patience to do this, have someone hold it along the opposite wall while you look at it from a distance across the pool. Then sit the swatch on the shallow end floor, nad look at it from near it adn from far away. It is harder to position the swatches in the water than you might think, but I think that it will make the decision easy for you. Good luck.
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I got a load of swatches from the liner manufacturer, then I narrowed it down to two. I didn't have access to a pool, so I used 2 large buckets to submerge them in!
    image.jpg
    Sorry, no idea why the photo is upside down!
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Sandissimos View Post
    I got a load of swatches from the liner manufacturer, then I narrowed it down to two. I didn't have access to a pool, so I used 2 large buckets to submerge them in!
    image.jpg

LOL you need to SLAM the lighter one! LOL

That is neat. You can really see how the colors will look! Which one are you going to pick?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Ha ha about SLAM
    This was last year and we picked the one on the right - it was a great choice, pool looks lovely.
    image.jpg
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Sandissimos View Post
    image.jpg
    Hi! Could you let me know what the two colors were that are in the picture? Thanks!