Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward EC50AC fingers

1. Back To Top    #1

Burleson, TX

Hayward EC50AC fingers

Hi All,

I've got a Hayward EC50AC DE filter that is on it's 3rd season. Has worked great until I got the bright idea to do a tear down and clean on it. This season it's been putting a bunch of cloudy water back into the pool after a bump. It works great the rest of the time, but every time you bump it, it sets you back. I'm assuming I must have cracked one or more of the fingers when I took the head off. I'm about to pull it apart again but was wondering how hard it's going to be to find the broken finger(s). Anyone had to do this before? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hayward EC50AC fingers

I don't know much about DE filters. Here are a couple of links from Pool school that might help.
    Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters
    Use and care for DE filters
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Hayward EC50AC fingers

Good Day, It may not be a broken finger. Since it only happen when you bump. Good idea though to take it apart and inspect.,
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing