I'm new here!

Jun 22, 2015
Marietta, Ga
I retired and bought a foreclosed home about four years ago rehabbing it for my daughter and her family. There is a pool but it need total renovation, from liner to pump and who knows what else. My wife and I have decided it's time to start thinking about this. Of course we have plenty of questions from what time of year is best to salt or chlorine.
There is a lake close by and would like to catch the Bullfrogs in the pool and release them in the lake. I'm thinking that is the making of a memorable weekend!:D
Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

Hello Bruce and welcome to TFP! Biggest piece of advice right now .... The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

Aside from that, spend some time reading the links you see below in my signature. They contain much of the information you will hear on this site. Welcome again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.