Howdy from Texas!

Hello and welcome. Just to make sure you know ... first bit of advice ... Test kit! The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

As for the pool set-up, many people have use foam panels or Gorilla Pad as additional base. You'll find some chatter on this site about it.

Spend some time reviewing the link you see below in my signature as well. Lots of great info on those pages.

If you have any specific questions about your set-up, please ask. Lots of folks here to assist. Welcome!

Welcome to TFP!

You will need one of the Pool School - Test Kits Compared to properly manage your pool. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
2. Chlorine CYA Chart
3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
4. Recommended Levels
5. Pool Math