North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I have a 2" Ortega check valve who's disk has failed for the second time in a year. I would like to replace it with a new valve, but due to the limited room, not sure that I can. The pipes and valves are all right next to each other tucked in behind the heater. I am looking for options for replacement or repair. The check valve feeds my spa which is above the level of the pool. So every night when the pump kicks off, the sp drains back to the pool. Pictures are attached.

Those Jandy valves are designed to be piped on the outside or the inside of the cuff, so I'd cut that coupling off right at the end of the cuff and insert pipe into the cuff and cut the pipe coming out of the floor right at the coupling if there's enough room to glue on a new one or elbow and plumb a loop to put a new check valve in.

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT experienced in repairs at all... but I have had my spa drain into the pool several times myself. It did this again yesterday. Turn off the pump. Look in the back of the Jandy valve, there is a metal switch that can flip up or down. Try putting it in the opposite direction. If it's up, put it down... if it's down put it up. Turn on the pump and see if that helps. It would be sweet if that fixed the problem!

No metal switch on the Jandy valve. Bama, so your saying to cut out the Ortega valve right on the line where it says patent. And then right below on the flex pvc. I've never worked with the flex pic, is it just like regular pvc?

Bama, so your saying to cut out the Ortega valve right on the line where it says patent. And then right below on the flex pvc. I've never worked with the flex pic, is it just like regular pvc?
Yes, right near the line that says patent. and I was actually thinking of cutting the coupling that's near the floor off if there's enough room to glue a sleeve onto the pipe that would be left. However, if there's not enough left you can cut the flex off and fittings glue to it just like regular piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.