Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 12' round 3' deep intex

1. Back To Top    #1

12' round 3' deep intex

Im a grandma that bought a intex for my grandchildren..its set up...waters in..pumps running. I went to the local store got bleach, borax, baking soda...and a 6 something water tester...of course chlorine is 0 and ph is 7.5...I have no clue what to do from here after lots of research I think Im more confused then ever..I just wanna know when to add how much and which one please help this ole granny
    thanks
    kreinhardt

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 12' round 3' deep intex

Hello and welcome to TFP! We're happy to have you with us. Since your pool appears to be a fairly small one for the grandkids, please take a look at this link:Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

It is designed specifically for those small pools and to give owners an idea what they need to do to maintain it. Once you read it, if you have any more questions, just let us know. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!!

I agree with the above, take a look at that article. It is not likely that you will ever need that borax or baking soda for your pool. Return it or take it to the laundry room.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? These should help with your understanding:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter