Can't hold free Chlorine

I have a 22K gallon saltwater pool using an AquaPure Pro. I have been trying to get the Free Chlorine to stabilize for 4 weeks. I can generate about 2 parts Free Chlorine if I boost the pool for 24 hours, but after a day or so it is back to 0. My Phosphate = 100, The Ph = 7.7. Total Cl = 1.01. Combined Cl = 0.71. I have shocked with non-chlorine oxidizer. Total Alkalinity = 75. What can I do to maintain free Cl other than run the boost for 24 hours every other day? I am running pump 10 hours per day. I have tried as high as 90% generation on the AquaPure Pro. Am I going to have to add Cl tablets every few days to keep the free Cl? Of course if I add Cl directly I will turn the AquaPure to 0%. The AquaPure unit is new about 45 days ago. Salt Level = 3000.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

If you have read around here much you have probably seen that not much credence is given to pool store testing. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing.

So the decision you have to make is are you going to follow the pool stor advice or TFP methods. Mixing pool store advice/testing with TFP methods is just another recipe for disaster.

To follow the pool care methods taught here you need to arm yourself with the knowledge and tools necessary to care for your pool.

The knowledge is condensed in the Pool School link at the top of every page. Richard has already pointed out four important articles.

In additon to the knowledge, you need the tools mto do the job right. The tools are not limited to the brushes, vacuum hoses and other stuff you use around the pool, but include the most important item - one of the recommended test kits. You can buy a kit at a pool store, but again the pool store kits generally won't cut it. To effectively practice the TFPC methods, the FAS/DPD chlorine test is essential. All these kits contain that test while very few other kits do. Think of it this way, do you see a doctor blindly prescribing drugs without seeing the patient or having tests run?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.