Above ground vinyl pool liner repair (DIY?)

fei

May 13, 2015
Toronto
Hi,

I have a friend who just bought a house with a vinyl above ground pool. I want to help him out to repair it. However, I only have experience with maintaining my inground concrete pool. By looking at the photos below, can someone please give me an idea about what is involved in repairing it, the ballpark cost and if it's possible to be a DIY project?

84966371.jpg

307593740.jpg

1368014255.jpg

1357381747.jpg

691837156.jpg

1680401481.jpg

Thanks a lot!

As far as the pool goes that is a liner replacement, not repair....

You can get some measurements and look on line for replacement liners to get a cost for them. Any other costs will depend on how much of that equipment works when you try to fire it up.

There is not much that can go wrong with a sand filter that is just sitting there, but the heater may have issues.

You could put power to the pump to see if it spins up, but don't run it dry for more than a couple of seconds to see if it starts.

Your friend has a lot there...nice deck, solid pool frame installed. Even if you need to get a new filter after the liner install---will still be worth the investment---if he wants a pool. A pool is like a pet, needs constant attention but well worth the effort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.