Positive Negative Voltage T-Cell 15

Aug 9, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Please refresh my memory - the AquaRite or Aqualogic cycles the voltage between positive and negative to keep the T-Cell plates clean, correct?

I think I have a problem with my board (?) that was replaced around 2 months out of warranty ago! I am showing correct volts and amps on the negative side when generating chlorine but on the positive side I am showing around 31V but zero amps always. I have the chlorinator set at 100% but it appears to only generate on the negative side. When I review the diagnostic menu and hit the plus or the minus to manually switch it to positive or negative voltage everything looks good on the negative side but positive just shows 31V no amps.

No errors on the display though so I am not sure if this is an issue and havent been able to find anything describing a similar problem.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think that points to a bad cell. How old is it?

The controller switches the polarity every time it energizes the cell (which is something around a 2 hour cycle). If it is only working half the time on the right polarity you may be getting half the FC you expect. You might be able to limp along for a little while if you increased the % setting and know that you are only getting FC on the negative polarity.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

That is what I thought as well, the T-Cell was 8 years old so I replaced it and the issue didn't go away. I have been limping along running at 100% and switching to negative polarity whenever I walk by the display in the kitchen. Only thing left is the board but I thought it would throw an error when trying to reverse the polarity and wasn't able to generate on the negative side.

There is a set of relays on the board that swaps the power leads to the cell. I suspect that one of the relays has a high resistance so voltage shows up but not current. You can usually find a replacement relay on eBay.

There is a set of relays on the board that swaps the power leads to the cell. I suspect that one of the relays has a high resistance so voltage shows up but not current. You can usually find a replacement relay on eBay.

I figured as much....I tried to do some soldering on my last board that went bad "No Cell Power" and realized how much I suck at it. Might have to give it a go and buy myself something pretty with the $350 I would save over a new board.

My first one lasted 7+ years, so far I have gotten 14 months out of the replacement. Hayward quality baby!!

Try the following

1) Turn the switch to Off.
2) Push the diagnostics button and record all of the readings
2) Wait 5 minutes
3) Turn the percent to 50 %
4) Move the switch to auto
5) Within 30 seconds, you should hear a click.
6) Wait 30 seconds more
7) Push the diagnostics button and record all of the readings

Then repeat the above procedure again.

This will give you 4 sets of readings. Post the readings, the measured salt level and the make and model of the cell, and we should be able to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.