Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaGlow Underwater Light Show

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaGlow Underwater Light Show

Although we would not have purchased the AquaGlow Undewater Light Show at SRP (just under $30), when we found them at Lowe's today for $3.93 for the 2 Pack , we had to try it out!

Brought them home, added 3 AA batts, selected our light show, & put one in the pool

That was just a test drive for some fun for this summer!

Anybody else find some good deals out there? Tell us about it!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaGlow Underwater Light Show

You forgot to give us the most important information... Do they work? 8) Is the light useful or simply decorative?
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Butterfly...I was like you. I saw these at Leslie's while shopping for friends for Christmas and they were on sale for $10...perfect! I even got one for myself. Well, I hope you weren't counting on them going all night! They EAT batteries! The longest it lasted was 30 minutes. So, good thing they were cheap! Have you had that experience as well?
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3
    You forgot to give us the most important information... Do they work? Is the light useful or simply decorative? Sorry Harry! They are "...disco balls that float", so, decorative only! They have seven different light shows.....(lights flash randomly, chasing lights, two speed flashing, in a wave, lights fade from one to the next, lights stay on continuously, randomly cycles through all shows) Some are really too intense for us! There is a warning on the instructions inside: "Warning: Seizures - People with photosensitive epilepsy can have seizures triggered by flickering or flashing lights such as strobe or disco lights." After seeing the disco ball in action, I made a mental note not to have more than one margarita while it is on J/K Actually, the "in a wave" & "lights stay on continuously" are kinda' soothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by midtngal
    Hey Butterfly...I was like you. I saw these at Leslie's while shopping for friends for Christmas and they were on sale for $10...perfect! I even got one for myself. Well, I hope you weren't counting on them going all night! Actually, I did expect that they would last a few hours during a cook-out or something like that. On the instruction sheet (which is inside the container), the unit is to automatically shut-off after one hour!

They EAT batteries! The longest it lasted was 30 minutes. Rut-Row

So, good thing they were cheap! Exactly!

Have you had that experience as well? I'll let you know
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Well, the AquaGlow "Starship" model is the improvement over the original, and I've not had dealer/customer complaints at all about that product. For the $3.93 paid for a pair of the older models, I can assure you you got what you paid for. The Starship is all over the internet at $29.00, and even the original model was sold into distribution for several times the price you paid at Lowe's.

I'm sorry that they didn't have good battery life, though, it would have been a steal.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey Budster,

We don't have info on the batt life yet. So far we have only tested one and only for about fifteen minutes! DH went back to Lowes and bought another set! yep, another $3.93 .

We want to be able to have them in the pool for a longer period of time on some evenings! Maybe they will work out, or maybe not. But, either way, we have very little invested and the grands should have some fun watching the light shows!

I gotta' say that we already have our money's worth out of them.....DH turns them on and shows them to everyone who comes over.......inside!

7. Back To Top    #7

Daaaannngggg...I paid $10 a piece for mine! And they were on sale from $20! I've been ripped off...stoooopid pool stores!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    2 skimmers

8. Back To Top    #8

I've got a couple of them, and won't mention what I paid for 'em.. (actually I don't remember what I paid for them!). They were OK, but if you have a good sized pool, you'll need more than one and maybe more than two. Only problem I had with them was they would get sucked in to the mouth of the skimmer and partially block the water flow. First and only night I left them floating in the pool, I awoke to hear my pump gurgling.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

9. Back To Top    #9

I also have the larger Starship model and the original smaller version. They are OK, but somewhat disappointing.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, meatloaf, I agree....somewhat disappointing. But...they served their purpose as a novelty Christmas gift to my friends with pools (and of course I had to have one too! ) Bottom line, at this summer's party when it's time.....I'll have everyone gather around and watch it for the 15 minutes that it lasts and hope no one has a flashback!!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    2 skimmers