Aqua Genie Skimmer leak- repair service recco in MA or replacement guidance

Jun 22, 2015
LITTLETON
Looking for someone in Massachusetts with experience in working with Aqua Genie skimmers. Mine is leaking badly out backside when return is turned on. I'm guessing it's the gaskets particularly the one around the return oriface.

I was hoping/planning to replace all gaskets, faceplates etc, but hearing conflicting information regarding potential problems when trying to replace. For example, the biggest one I keep hearing about is potential liner slippage when you remove all screws from existing skimmer. Also, is it necessary to replace the gasket behind the liner? That seems a bit daunting. Looks like replacement screws do not include any sort of nuts for backside of skimmer. What do the screws go into on the actual AG? From the backside the screws are rusted as well.

Also, has anyone found good quality SS replacement screws for the Aqua Genie. The ones in mine seem very rusted. Again, I was going to order replacement screws from Hydrapools, but concerned if they would just become rusted over time.

Sorry for all the q's, just desperate to get this thing fixed and most pool companies won't touch it for lack of experience with Aqua Genie system.

Hello greger and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a skimmer leak. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.