New pool, chemical questions

Just filled my new Intex 12' x 30" 1700 gal. round metal pool. I put a floating chlorine dispenser in yesterday and tested my water this morning. My hth 3-way test kit read chlorine at 5 and Br at 10. I took the dispenser out. The pH only reads 7.2. What is the correct level for pH and what chemical do I add to correct the pH. :confused: I looked at pool math but that's a lot of numbers and abbreviations that I'm just not understanding.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Here is a link to the TFP guide for smaller, seasonal pools: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

Please start there as it breaks-down some of the basic tasks required for a smaller pool and hopefully it won't feel so overwhelming. If after you've read this you still have concerns, by all means let us know. There are lots of people here happy to assist. Nice to have you with us Straykitty.

SK, I do want to point out something. Now that you've taken the chlorine dispenser out of the pool, it's probably best to leave it out. As you will read in the guide (link above), we just use regular chlorine bleach as the primary sanitizer for water. Those chlorine tablets have a way of increasing CYA (stabilizer level) way too fast causing other problems later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.