Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Manually vac or Auto Vac?

1. Back To Top    #1

Manually vac or Auto Vac?

I am constantly getting dirt in the deep end of my pool and keeping it clean now is becoming a losing battle. I have a Hayward Automatic Vac that I am using every few days to clean up the dirt and sometimes I use the manually vac. Should I be using the automatic vac or the manual vac? I prefer the automatic vac as I just let it go and it is less labour intensive. However, I still have to watch that it doesn't get stuck and create a possible tear in my liner from the suction. Sometimes I use the manually vac if I just want to get rid of the dirt in the deep end. Does it matter which I use?
    11.5K gal, IG vinyl, 3/4 HP Hayward Pump, Hayward sand filter, Hayward Chlorinator (Turned Off), Raypak Heater, Taylor FAS-DPD K2006C T/K

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Manually vac or Auto Vac?

Hey Ziggygal. I see no replies yet to your post. So I'll just say that for the most part, which vacuum to use is a personal preference. Some people swear by their automated robots and such. Of course in some cases you get what you pay for. As for me, well..... I guess I'm just cheap. I do have a Barracuda, but I never use it. I just like to manually vacuum and relax by the pool any chance I can.

Having said that, this reply should boost you up on the queue again so other readers can see it. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!