Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problems with SAVI LED lights

1. Back To Top    #1

SE Louisiana

Problems with SAVI LED lights

Since pool was installed, about 1 1/2 years ago, I've had to replace all three SAVI LED lights. Just the other day, one of the replacements went out. I only have the lights on about 4 hours a night. Spa version of light has never had problem. Was wondering if anyone has had issues or problems with these lights. I think PB is getting tired of replacing (they have a 2yr warranty) but very concerned once that runs out. When they work, they are very nice and I would consider them a perfect light. However, if they only have a few months life at 4 hours/night then something just doesn't seem right.
    22x42 Mountain pond vinyl liner w/polymerwalls Custom concrete steps and bench with spa jets
    7' round spa with stepped spillover
    Hayward 1-1/2hp pump and 500lb sand filter
    Pentair booster pump for polaris 280
    Savi 12v LED lights - 3-pool 1-spa (very nice)
    RayPak 8300ti heat pump
    Goldline PS8 contol system (worth every $)w/Aquapod remote (also worth every $)
    Goldline chlorine generator
    Blower for spa jets (a bit overpowered)
    Polaris Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Problems with SAVI LED lights

Although they say LEDs are rated at 10,000 hours or more, the supporting electronic components may be of poor quality and can have a much shorter life span, so premature failure of LED units are common. Over heating can also be a concern.
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Savannah Historic District

Re: Problems with SAVI LED lights

I will cautiously add that a couple of my dealers have complained about the short life on the Color Splash brand of LED bulbs. The Hayward Colorlogic and Pentair Intellibrite LEDs have fewer complaints. The SAVI is a different design entirely, and I have seen the product, but have no customer experience to relate. Sorry.

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"