cloudy water after adding soda ash

act

Jun 2, 2015
Greenback, TN
Crystal clear water yesterday. pH was 7.2 and wanted to raise it. Added soda ash, possibly a bit too much. Water got cloudy immediately and did not clear up overnight or yet today with pump running.

Current test numbers:

FC: 6.5
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.8-8.2 (somewhere in the middle)
CH: 275
TA: 90
CYA: 80ish

I'm thinking the numbers all look ok. Did I possibly raise the pH too much causing cloudy water? I can't see the bottom of the pool, even in shallow end.

Thoughts?

I think the water got cloudy due to adding too much of the soda ash. Now the pH is too high.

Did you use PoolMath to calculate how much to add? I would have left the pH at 7.2 as it tends to rise on its own anyway.

Crystal clear water yesterday. pH was 7.2 and wanted to raise it. Added soda ash, possibly a bit too much. Water got cloudy immediately and did not clear up overnight or yet today with pump running.

Current test numbers:

FC: 6.5
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.8-8.2 (somewhere in the middle)
CH: 275
TA: 90
CYA: 80ish

I'm thinking the numbers all look ok. Did I possibly raise the pH too much causing cloudy water? I can't see the bottom of the pool, even in shallow end.

Thoughts?

This exact thing happened to me last week, but I had added washing soda. No worries. Mine was crystal clear again after 3-4 days. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.