Just replastered... Is this the color my pool will be?

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
We just replastered with Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue. Today is day 2 of start up (we hired out for start up) and it is full of acid with a pump swirling a big long hose in the pool. The water is blue, blue, blue!!! Almost like tidy bowl. I can't see the bottom. Is this the color it will be all the time or is it just a first step kind of thing? Does it lighten up once all is said and done?

Welcome to the forum!

If the finish has a very blue color to it, it's probably very close now to what it always will be. Nothing wrong with your choice, but this is why I prefer lighter colored finish. Good luck on the startup, and let us know if we can help once you are done. Do you plan on doing your own chemistry and normal maintenance?

The color is likely the color it will be, but it will clear up; I suspect plaster dust is why you can't see the bottom right now.

We did the DB super blue (almost did Tahoe, but the plaster guys all scared us off of it because of the potential for fading/color inconsistencies...in fact, we had a couple of plaster applicators who didn't really recommend any of the blues, super blue included) and got this during the fill:

0630c3a717939834595b6cc621c68557.jpg

Day or two after fill we had this:

0133fe8c1bf9131cb37bcdfc0220ffa9.jpg

And ended up after it all with this:

c6c9fad7f08e48b38633715490f1e1ee.jpg

Gilbee your pool looks great! I was teetering between one of the grays and the blues.

We wanted something drastically different from the white plaster we have had for the last 15 years. It served us well, but we just wanted to change it up.

I guess I got what I wanted :) lol... I can learn to love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me figure out how to post a pic...

We too, teetered on the grey... The tile we selected had so much white in it though, that it pushed us away from the grey...also the variance that we saw by people who had grey pools online, it was hard to know which grey you'd end up with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think they did a good job. I don't notice any of the problems other people post about. I just wonder if it will look any lighter when the water is swim ready. I guess since I was hoping for lighter bleaching out from the sun or chlorine won't bother me much :)

Yeah, I understand that the color will lighten over the next couple of years, and that many people (at least the applicators said consistently across companies here) were disappointed with the fading; but if you want to lighten it, just give it time apparently.

It does look a little like midnight blue, but I bet it's not....the left pic is what the sample looks like without water on it...in fact, I remember the Tahoe looking a little bluer than the left pic before getting wet anyway...

I think it looks great and once the pool water clears up, it may look different. You have a great looking pool.

Did you find out anything about the confusion about the water color? Did they plaster with a different color than you ordered? Is it looking different after a week? I hope you're liking it more and more!

Take care. Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.