Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just replastered... Is this the color my pool will be?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just replastered... Is this the color my pool will be?

We just replastered with Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue. Today is day 2 of start up (we hired out for start up) and it is full of acid with a pump swirling a big long hose in the pool. The water is blue, blue, blue!!! Almost like tidy bowl. I can't see the bottom. Is this the color it will be all the time or is it just a first step kind of thing? Does it lighten up once all is said and done?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just replastered... Is this the color my pool will be?

Welcome to the forum!

If the finish has a very blue color to it, it's probably very close now to what it always will be. Nothing wrong with your choice, but this is why I prefer lighter colored finish. Good luck on the startup, and let us know if we can help once you are done. Do you plan on doing your own chemistry and normal maintenance?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

The color is likely the color it will be, but it will clear up; I suspect plaster dust is why you can't see the bottom right now.

We did the DB super blue (almost did Tahoe, but the plaster guys all scared us off of it because of the potential for fading/color inconsistencies...in fact, we had a couple of plaster applicators who didn't really recommend any of the blues, super blue included) and got this during the fill:

Day or two after fill we had this:

And ended up after it all with this:

17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

4. Back To Top    #4

Put up a pic of how yours looks now, that will definitely help out.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

5. Back To Top    #5

How do I post a picture?

6. Back To Top    #6

Gilbee your pool looks great! I was teetering between one of the grays and the blues.

We wanted something drastically different from the white plaster we have had for the last 15 years. It served us well, but we just wanted to change it up.

I guess I got what I wanted lol... I can learn to love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me figure out how to post a pic...

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Simplibest View Post
    How do I post a picture?
    How To Post Pictures
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

We too, teetered on the grey... The tile we selected had so much white in it though, that it pushed us away from the grey...also the variance that we saw by people who had grey pools online, it was hard to know which grey you'd end up with.

9. Back To Top    #9

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking good---what is the tile that you have installed on the steps?

11. Back To Top    #11

I think they did a good job. I don't notice any of the problems other people post about. I just wonder if it will look any lighter when the water is swim ready. I guess since I was hoping for lighter bleaching out from the sun or chlorine won't bother me much

12. Back To Top    #12

Yeah, I understand that the color will lighten over the next couple of years, and that many people (at least the applicators said consistently across companies here) were disappointed with the fading; but if you want to lighten it, just give it time apparently.

13. Back To Top    #13

I'm actually starting to wonder if I got the right product... This color seems really far off.

14. Back To Top    #14

Like you said... Probably just the variations... No two are the same.

15. Back To Top    #15

I would ask to see the order form they used when they ordered your stuff.

Saying that I do like the color! So rich!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

It does look a little like midnight blue, but I bet it's not....the left pic is what the sample looks like without water on it...in fact, I remember the Tahoe looking a little bluer than the left pic before getting wet anyway...

17. Back To Top    #17

I think it looks great and once the pool water clears up, it may look different. You have a great looking pool.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Did you find out anything about the confusion about the water color? Did they plaster with a different color than you ordered? Is it looking different after a week? I hope you're liking it more and more!

Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir