How do you attach a pump & filter from different brands

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I am going to be getting a 15' AGP soon. I only need a 1/2 HP pump and a cartridge filter. I can't find any that fit this requirement so I was planning on getting the following:

How do I connect these together to function together. I would be getting the 1.5" hose size for the filter, it just defaults to 2" on amazon but you can pick your size.

Also since it won't have the base attached, do you just rest it on like a piece of plywood or something?

1/2 HP Above Ground Pool Pump, Replacement Pool Pumps

Amazon.com : Hayward C7512 Star-Clear Plus 75-Square-Foot 2-Inch FIP Pipe Cartridge Pool Filter : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Creativity is the key many time with tryimg to mix/match parts for an AGP. The manufacturers like to use different size fittings and it can be a challenge making it all work. Some folks resort to PVC electrical fittings for some connections because some of them seem to fit some pools.

Creativity is the key many time with tryimg to mix/match parts for an AGP. The manufacturers like to use different size fittings and it can be a challenge making it all work. Some folks resort to PVC electrical fittings for some connections because some of them seem to fit some pools.

Interesting..... I guess since I'm not that handy I should try to buy one that is the same brand and has everything connected.

If it was me and I was not real well versed in plumbing, I would just find a local plumber or pool repair company and have them come plumb it for you.

Might cost a little more however you know it will be done properly.

John

I had the same problem when my pump died last year. Took pump, filter and old pump to a pool place and had them plumb the new pump to my filter. Super nice guy did it but it cost me $38. For me it was worth it. He also took the too short electric cord off the new pump and took the long cord off my old pump and put it on the new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.