Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

Hi all,
    Yesterday when I went out to check the temp in my pool, my aqua rite chlorine generator control box was off, no lights or display. I checked the power at the plug 120volts it's good, but when you unplug and plug it back in, it just makes a big humming noise and quits no display or any lights. I took the face cover off to look inside, I don't see anything burnt, just circuit boards.

Thank you in advance for the help and Info.

Tom
    18x36 Vinyl In ground, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo T-300bp Sand filter,3/4hp Max-E-Pro Sta-Rite pump,
    Aqua Rite SWG, Automatic Pool Cover, Solar heating.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

I can't help with the SWG issue, but just wanted to point out to be sure to manually chlorinate with bleach until you get it working again.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Tim, I will do that.
    18x36 Vinyl In ground, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo T-300bp Sand filter,3/4hp Max-E-Pro Sta-Rite pump,

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello again, As I was looking in my paper files on this aqua rite chlorine generator today, I found a fuse taped to the manual. so I went out and I changed the fuse, the old one still looked good, but it wasn't any good after all. I plug the control box back in and
    now it is working , well all the lights are on and display, I'm going to go check and see if it is making chlorine.

Tom

5. Back To Top    #5

Well it seems to be working now, higher chlorine content at the return line while generating. Next time I will double check Fuse before posting.

Thanks to all

Tom