Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

Hi all,
    Yesterday when I went out to check the temp in my pool, my aqua rite chlorine generator control box was off, no lights or display. I checked the power at the plug 120volts it's good, but when you unplug and plug it back in, it just makes a big humming noise and quits no display or any lights. I took the face cover off to look inside, I don't see anything burnt, just circuit boards.

Thank you in advance for the help and Info.

Tom
    18x36 Vinyl In ground, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo T-300bp Sand filter,3/4hp Max-E-Pro Sta-Rite pump,
    Aqua Rite SWG, Automatic Pool Cover, Solar heating.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua rite chlorine generator control box has stopped working.

I can't help with the SWG issue, but just wanted to point out to be sure to manually chlorinate with bleach until you get it working again.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Tim, I will do that.
    18x36 Vinyl In ground, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo T-300bp Sand filter,3/4hp Max-E-Pro Sta-Rite pump,

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello again, As I was looking in my paper files on this aqua rite chlorine generator today, I found a fuse taped to the manual. so I went out and I changed the fuse, the old one still looked good, but it wasn't any good after all. I plug the control box back in and
    now it is working , well all the lights are on and display, I'm going to go check and see if it is making chlorine.

Tom

5. Back To Top    #5

Well it seems to be working now, higher chlorine content at the return line while generating. Next time I will double check Fuse before posting.

Thanks to all

Tom