Help with Krystal Clear SWG

clayp

Jun 6, 2015
Donalsonville/Ga
Hey guys,.... Working on a 22x52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP.... The system is corroding horribly on the output side of system...The input side looks brand new..(Faulty pump??) ...I have cleaned the bad side twice with vinegar and have it soaking now (3rd time)...It also shuts down for "low salt" error ....Please see salt levels at the bottom..(plenty of salt).. My FC levels have been drastically low according to strips since day one and that's with 2-3 boost cycles...This past Saturday I added 151oz of 8.2% liquid chlorine as instructed by poolmath app..The SWG pump is rated for 12gr/hr and max is for 3,00gph.

Any suggestions on these would be greatly appreciated....seem to be fighting a losing battle or always chasing..:hammer::hammer::brickwall:

I have issues with chemistry in which I'm trying to correct....its all over the place......I know if its not stable other areas will be uncontrollable.
Levels are

Store analysis : Strip Test (aquacheck)
FC.5 Fc 3-5
pH 7.8 pH 8.4 ( pink ish red on strip )
TA 135 TA 180 ish (per strip)
CH 225 stabilizer 30-50 ish
Stabilizer 30 (added 2.5 lbs last week)
Salt 3900
(pool has been open for a month now)

This morning I added 24 oz of Hydro. acid to lower the pH ( which should lower the TA???) .....

Your numbers are probably all over the board because test strips are not to be trusted. Some call them "guess strips" because the numbers are so bad. For now until you sort your SWCG issues out you need to manually chlorinate the pool with bleach.. Use Pool Math to figure out how much you need to add.

You need to get away from the test strips, so order a TF100. That will give you what you need for a couple of years normal use.

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. Yo need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.

I purchased the TF-100 Saturday after reading about it here (delivery will take forever; however tax and shipping was free). I didn't get any of the optional stuff.... Its frustrating trying to figure the strips...I wondered why they give em to ya free with purchase...lol Hopefully after it comes in I can tackle this pH and TA problem....The water is clear looking into pool ( read font on medium sized toys), but once in and underwater its a tid bit cloudy...

Thanks for the input...glad to know the testkit holds so high regards ...good investment

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.