Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 0 psi on lower pump setting and 23 on highest pump setting

1. Back To Top    #1

0 psi on lower pump setting and 23 on highest pump setting

I replaced my pressure gauge valve two months ago and thought the new gauge didn't register low enough (it was the only one my local plumbing store carried and I didn't notice until installed that it started registering at 20 psi) with a new one bought from TFTest. It registers 0 when I have the pump running at 1000 RPM and 23 when running at 3450 RPM. Any reason why this would be?

Thank you in advance.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 0 psi on lower pump setting and 23 on highest pump setting

Normal operation. So get your baseline clean reading at high speed so you know when to backwash.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 0 psi on lower pump setting and 23 on highest pump setting

Thank you.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC