Flooding problems

Jun 22, 2015
Oakwood
Hello there. I have an inground pool that was affected severely by flooding two weeks ago. Mud, rocks and cornstalks are in the bottom of it. Any suggestions to getting this heavy stuff out? We can obviously not see to the bottom. We were told not to drain it because the walls could crack. We've already put in tons of chlorine and flock.

Welcome to TFP!

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. I would first suggest no more floc. First start scooping out all you can with a good leaf rake made for pools. Tell us more about your pool, and put that info in you signature line as well. Is this gunnite pool? Drain may or may not be needed, but if it is gunnite, draining doesn't automatically mean it will crack.

Plastic rake? Rake it to the low end and pick it up? You do not say if you have a vinyl or plaster pool. I am guessing plaster with the walls cracking comment.

There are also heavy duty pool nets like this:

Hydrotools Promotional 4 Telescopic Pole Leaf Debris Spa Swimming Pool Rake - Walmart.com

We can also help you get your water clear. You will need to get your own test kit. See my siggy below to see where to buy them. You will need the TF-100 as it has more of the stuff you will need to do a SLAM as seen here in this link

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Hugs!

Kim

Welcome to TFP!

What a bummer. You are going to have to trade in the pool tools for some garden tools. I think a rake or a hoe will work for dragging the stuff up so you can grab it. I assume it is gunite/plaster or you wouldn't worry about cracking. Don't know what your location is (please add your state) or if you are in a high water table area. If you don't have a high water table then at least a partial drain should be ok, maybe leave a foot of water in the shallow end.

Hello Stacy and welcome! :wave: Can you please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS"? On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Also make sure you tell us what state you are in. From the comment above about walls cracking, we're assuming this is a plaster/gunite pool and you are effected by a water table correct? If that's the case, then you can use a rake to help you consolidate the debris to where you can grab or scoop it.

If you have any more specific info to clarify please let us know. We'll be here for more questions. Once again - welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Geez - I was slow on the trigger again. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.