Perplexing pool level

yeomanflood

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Thanks to all the helpful people in this forum!

I have this weird issue with my pool. The pool water level had remained high for some time. I had already tried to reseat my Letro autofill bobber so I decided to buy a new one. I bought a genuine Letro autofill bobber (I know it might be the same or similar as a toilet model, but I just bought the Letro one to be safe).
Anyway - I used the plumbers tape and all that and previously I had reseated the old one a couple times successfully. Anyway, the pool level remains high - and I mean like almost level with the drain hole on the side wall. So to me it meant that I might have a leak. My home's water consumption doesn't seem to be any higher than normal. The Letro valve seems to work, meaning - it makes the sound and seems to be adding water when I press down on the bobber.
I haven't gone ahead and done a full leak test (plugging all the holes, etc.) yet.
Any thoughts? Could it be that my Letro isn't seating well still?
It's totally annoying that the water level is so high, in part because my two baskets aren't catching anything off the top of the water!

Thanks in advance.

Before you go running around plugging holes, can you just turn off the water supply to the autofill? If you have a leak it will readily become apparent with the autofill turned off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.