I think I have TFP methods figured out please correct me if I'm wrong.

May 17, 2015
Greenfield/In
I was starting to build my deck on the pool we had installed this year and while I was enjoying a cold libation and pondering the deck I wondered do I have this pool maintenance figured out. So here i am to ask the pros.

FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.8
CYA 27ish ;)
TA 140
CH 250

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I am bumping FC back to 6. I know I need to bump the CYA back to 30-35. Pool Math says 12oz will do. TA has came along way from starting at 280 but I'm not there yet. I will add More MA to bring back down to 7.2 and start aeration or throw the kids in. (4 kids is a lot to aeration) to continue to drive TA down. I do my dosing at night before bed because i feel like that gives the CL more time to work without competition from the sun if there are any nasties in there. If something I am thinking is not correct please let me know.

My water is clear and I have no complaints. This is the easiest system to use by far. Thanks

That is looking very good.

I am a little more aggressive with chlorine. I like it at or slightly above target before a big swim day. Test right after and raise it again and then one more time at bedtime. Just to make absolutely sure that the chlorine level never drops below the minimum for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart

It is safe to swim with FC between minimum and shock level, so don't be nervous about raising it.

We round up to the next number when looking at CYA, so call it 30.

So. let me make sure I understand...

You find this approach to be.... Troublefree? :mrgreen:

attachment.php

Yes very trouble free. :cool: The only issue I have is it is hard not to laugh when a friend curses his pool. I am blessed I did plenty of research before starting this pool and found this wonderful resource called TFP. I try to tell my pool owning friends about it but they just ignore me because I haven't been doing it as long as they have and slup back to the pool store for more disappointment. I feel I can take on any issue with this pool with you all on my side. Thank you. I will be becoming a member soon because I am sure you have already saved me more than membership will cost. Here's to continuing to learn and enjoy my Trouble Free Pool! Cheers!

You might want to bump your CYA up a touch more closer to 50. When I was trying to do the mid thirties range, being fearful about too much CYA, I had a harder time maintaining FC. I had previously dumped a fair portion of my pool to rid myself of the previous owners higher CYA so I wasn't anxious to blow past my target. I can tell you that my pool is much more easy to maintain in the 45 range and this provides me the comfort and knowledge that I can leave town and stuff the floater with pucks without much worry. If anything it'll put me right at 50. It's amazing how empowering this method is when armed with a good test kit! I know exactly what is going on in my pool and I my predictions are starting to hone.

I would agree on the bumping CYA to 40 for you in your region. I run mine at 40 and do very well for chlorine loss, about 1-2 ppm per day even if the kids go swimming. I do have my solar cover on quite often now so that also helps with lower FC loss. When I was running at 30 ppm CYA last year, I was losing more like 2-4 ppm per day. Get it to 40 and see how it works for you. If you want you can even go to 50 later in the summer. If you drain a decent amount when you close in the winter, you'll be back at 40 in the spring if you don't like it at 50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.