Hello! As a new pool owner I very much hope to get crystal clear water, but my pool always looks dull. The picture shows the best I can get so far. (sorry the orientation of the pictures. They look right on my computer but got rotated when posted here).
I did the dime test. On the deep end (~7 feet) I can see the dime but cannot tell head or tail.
Here are test results from a pool store on Jun 20, two days after shocking. the water has looked the same for at least a week.
Total Chlorine 4.8
Free Chlorine 4.8
Total alkalinity 45
Calcium hardness 350
I was shocking the pool a few days a ago but I see no improvement in clarity. If I don't vacuum, the dirt just stay on the bottom without any change for weeks. If I vacuum, the dirt will go away temporarily but re-appear on the bottom the next day.
I suspect it is some problem of my sand filter, because
1) The pressure on the filter is always 12 psi. The pressure never increases. There is not much pressure difference between the 'filter' and 'rinse' modes either.
2) The dirt vacuumed from the pool bottom re-appear the next day
However, I did open the sand filter and everything looks normal. the sand is clean and loose. the multi-port valve and the spider gasket is new. This filter has no laterals and water flows to the standpipe through a metal under drain screen. I suspect there are some internal leak and water just bypass the sand.
My questions are:
1) Is this considered a cloudy pool?
2) Is my sand filter suspicious for the dullness of the water?
3) What I should do the make the water crystal clear?