Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 out of 4 jets work great, one ok and one is lame.

1. Back To Top    #1

2 out of 4 jets work great, one ok and one is lame.

Hey folks! I have an inground spa that runs off of my 1.5 HP pump with no booster. As you can see in the below pics, jet 1 from the left does great, Jet 2 is barely anything,jet 3 is very good and jet 4 is kind of weak. I'm not sure where to start but I'm pretty handy and sorta smart. What say you, oracle of aqua?

15k in-ground pool, plaster, Aquapure 1400 (whole new cell/cables/sensor 5/25/15), Pentaire Cartridge filter, Ruud heater(2/13), Polaris 360 pressure side cleaner (10/14), some other stuff...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 out of 4 jets work great, one ok and one is lame.

In years past I know someone used a deep 14mm socket to unscrew the jets and found some plaster chunks left over from construction had migrated down the plumbing far enough to block flow. You might check to see if you have the same style jets.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Richard, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! These two jets have been a know issue for the 2.5 years I've been here and for years before that from the previous owner. I can't wait to tell him I fixed it (with your guidance of course) in 5 minutes. There was a couple of pieces of plastic in them. I'm scared to think of the origin, but oh well. BTW, mine were 13mm nozzles.

If you ever make it to Dallas, the bar tab is on me!

15k in-ground pool, plaster, Aquapure 1400 (whole new cell/cables/sensor 5/25/15), Pentaire Cartridge filter, Ruud heater(2/13), Polaris 360 pressure side cleaner (10/14), some other stuff...

4. Back To Top    #4

Good job! That was a quick TFP fix!
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

I knew I was good for something. No matter what everyone says.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!