Slamming turned green

Jun 5, 2015
Washtucna, WA
Hi Friends, I have been trying to get our pool cleared up for about a month. Went from green swamp frog pond, vacuumed, added algaecide from neighbors to get cloudy gray/blue, multiple pool store concoctions continued cloudy blue to green. Found this site about 3 weeks ago. Have my TF-100, and have been slamming for a week thinking I have mustard algae.

As of this afternoon the water is more clear; I can see down about 5 feet, but the pool is green and has been for about a week, with particulate on the bottom and sides. I have been keeping FC at 24 when possible, but it has dropped to 15 in the afternoon. Mostly steady over night. I have been brushing the entire pool one to two times per day and getting lots of powdery brownish/yellowish/greenish algae looking stuff that again clouds up the water. I suspect my sand filter is not up to the job, but need your input on that.

I know that one of the algaecides I added had copper in it, and I bought one measly quart of Jack's pink stuff, but upon reading the instructions realize that if copper is the issue I am going to need a lot more and so am not going to start on that just yet.

This coming week our temps will be in the triple digits here in Eastern Washington and I am REALLY going to need to get in the pool!

Any advice? Thanks in advance!!!

FC 22
CC 0
TC 22
CH 350
TA 200
CYA 40
Ph 7.5

Sounds like you're making progress. You will just have to keep at it. It takes time.

As for getting the muck out, your sand filter will do it, so no worries on that. It may help to get out your manual vacuum and vacuum what you can off the bottom.
the more you do that, the quicker it will go.

Recommend to backwash the filter when the filter rises 20-25% above the clean filter pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.