New user from Tacoma, WA

Jun 21, 2015
Tacoma/wa
I just purchased an Intex pool and was looking for information on leveling correctly and saw some interesting posts on foam or insulation padding underneath. I'm wondering if it is the firm insulation padding or a soft foam padding, and if I need sand or if firm ground with the padding would be enough and the padding won't eventually deteriorate. I have a lot of leveling to do and will cut out the high part versus adding dirt, so thank you for that information. Our neighbor has a doughboy above ground and with sand underneath it makes dents if they step or push too hard on the bottom. And it was professionally installed.

Thank you

Hello Rich and welcome. I suspect you will receive many replies about the base preparation for your Intex. While you wait, also consider doing a Google search for Gorilla Pads. Those have become quite popular for the AG pool community as well. Hope you find the answers you are looking for. Have a nice evening.

Welcome to TFP.

The gorilla pads are very thin and you'll need a sand base for that particular item. The foam boards get a rave review from those who use them but can get very pricey.