Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New user from Tacoma, WA

1. Back To Top    #1

New user from Tacoma, WA

I just purchased an Intex pool and was looking for information on leveling correctly and saw some interesting posts on foam or insulation padding underneath. I'm wondering if it is the firm insulation padding or a soft foam padding, and if I need sand or if firm ground with the padding would be enough and the padding won't eventually deteriorate. I have a lot of leveling to do and will cut out the high part versus adding dirt, so thank you for that information. Our neighbor has a doughboy above ground and with sand underneath it makes dents if they step or push too hard on the bottom. And it was professionally installed.

Thank you
    New Intex 24x12x52 above ground pool.Rich

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New user from Tacoma, WA

Hello Rich and welcome. I suspect you will receive many replies about the base preparation for your Intex. While you wait, also consider doing a Google search for Gorilla Pads. Those have become quite popular for the AG pool community as well. Hope you find the answers you are looking for. Have a nice evening.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you all for your ideas. I will research the Gorilla pads.
    New Intex 24x12x52 above ground pool.Rich

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP.

The gorilla pads are very thin and you'll need a sand base for that particular item. The foam boards get a rave review from those who use them but can get very pricey.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter