AGP Padding

Jun 21, 2015
Tacoma/wa
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: 32X16X52 Intex Rect Pool - Paver spacement/measurements

I went with the 1/2 in padding. Did you find that the measurements are a little off in that table? If I was going to start over I would have laid the foam padding at 12X24 and butted the pavers right up to the foam padding. It would have saved me a lot of time laying out and squaring off the area with lines. I took a lot of time putting down the layout lines so that the measurements of 13'10" and 25'10" would put the legs right in the middle of the pavers but they are off from center about 2 inches. And according to the table the bottom of the pool is 12X24 and that isn't even close as I can see but I only have about a foot of water in the pool so far.

I just purchased an intex rectangle pool and wondered about the foam padding you put down. Was it a stiff foam insulation or was it a soft type of padding you used?

Thank you

Hello and welcome to TFP! It looks like you haven't received a reply yet on your post about padding. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

The hard form insulation padding? I was worried it would dent but I guess with all the water weight it would already be compressed.Thank you. I'm sure I will make many mistakes but trying to reduce them. Never had a pool before. Grandkids are excited.

Thanks Funfinder. Just finished leveling the ground. that was a weeklong adventure doing myself as our back yard was really sloped. I was also wondering if you compensated for the 3/4 inch foam thickness with what your support legs are resting on. Meaning, if you added the 3/4 inch foam, did you raise the support legs that much as well, or leave them flat/level with the ground and assume the pad would compress enough?Thanks

I just put the wooden boards level with the ground, seems to be working well so far. I used the wooden board method specified in the install book, but could not find boards 15" wide, so I use two 8" wide boards under each leg, so I have a 16x16" square. Now the hard part is over! Let the fun begin! Did you get the pool up and filled?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.