Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long will I feel the love?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long will I feel the love?

So it's been all of ONE day. LOL... I already love my Stenner!! I just took a FC reading and it's working spot-on. I might even have it run for several 1Hr sessions instead of one long sesssion!

My question... my love affair is already spreading to my desire to do the same with my acid... should I be talked off the ledge or is this a common affliction that can be remedied with another Stenner and a smaller tank?

Signed,
    Stenner Junkie. LOL
    16000 Gal. Kidney / Gunite / SE Florida / Taylor K2006 / Stenner
    Jandy CS100 / Sta-Rite U3 Skimmer / Pentair Great White / Single Floor Drain / Single Return / Hayward SP2300VSP
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm still learning and I know nothing!.. I'm loving the Stenner!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long will I feel the love?

Hello FixitPete! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about running acid with a Stenner. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Glad Splash bumped this! Yes, you can use a stenner to automate acid additions. Make sure that you aren't adding both acid amd chlorine at the same time. There may be other precautions to consider but that is the most important one I can imagine.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

With my sheer decent waterfall my pH is constantly on the move, but as much as I love my Stenner I'm not sure I could justify one for acid. I would be dealing with tiny additions unless I totally rethought my method of timing for the pump.

On a different note, is it time to take this out of your signature? "Hasa Liquidator C201"
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys! Yeah -- I'll change the sig after I send this... I'm torn. I hate the idea of spending around $500 (stenner, timer, tank, etc.) -- for something that would run for such a short time. It's almost like I need a "mini" Stenner. I'm talking I don't add more 1/3 a gal a week... if that. And in the winter less.

But I also know it would make the pool much more stable. I try to keep things consistent... Gotta think on it!
    Jandy CS100 / Sta-Rite U3 Skimmer / Pentair Great White / Single Floor Drain / Single Return / Hayward SP2300VSP

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe try making the DIY one that is on the forum. Do a search for "acid injection" and it should bring it up.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

7. Back To Top    #7

I've been looking at that DIY thread... with the drip irrigation heads, etc... interesting... I just want to be able to change the flow as needed... interesting thread!

8. Back To Top    #8

Did you install a fixed or variable Stenner pump? I think with the variable you can just add another head unit and it can draw from another tank and flow at a different rate.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

9. Back To Top    #9

Did you install a fixed or variable Stenner pump? I think with the variable you can just add another head unit and it can draw from another tank and flow at a different rate.

10. Back To Top    #10

I did a fixed... so far it's terrific... I just have to decide what I'm going to do with respect to acid.

11. Back To Top    #11

I did a fixed... so far it's terrific... I just have to decide what I'm going to do with respect to acid.