Intex 1,500 gph (110-120V) model 635 replacement

Jun 7, 2015
Nashville TN
I've got a pump that after a season doesn't pump well at all. My pool is the Intex Easy Set 18'x4' AGP. I've bought an Intex Salt filter and with that inline the filter pump is just not working well enough for the salt water pump to produce chlorine fast enough to keep the pool chlorine at an acceptable level.

I'd spend more money for a quality pump that actually worked and would fit my existing pool.

Any recommendations???

Thanks
Harry

Is the SWG alarming with a low flow indicator? What makes you think it is not producing chlorine fast enough? SWGs either produce chlorine or they don't. There is no in between.

While I don't have a SWG, I use the 14" 2150GPH Sandfilter system and it does a great job. I run two 3-1/4 hour cycles for two turnovers a day, that combined with TFPC gives me the clearest pool I've ever had.

Dom

How did you determine it doesn't flow enough? Low flow in the return to the pool? Low flow lights on in the SWG?

Any chance it's just that your filter needs cleaning? Is the pool green and/or cloudy? That will both load up a filter in a hurry and consume all the FC you generate as fast as it hits the pool.

yes the chlorine had been good a week before and now registers 0 AC. The skimmer basket doesn't pull enough to suck water over the brim, we've put in three filters in three days. we keep having to bleed air out the top of the filter pump combo. With a new filter and freshly let air out and it pulls better but I don't think anywhere like it should.....I know the Intex pumps have a rep for being cheap and only last a year or so and wondered if anyone else had changed out -
the salt barked about low flow only once and it was dirty filter. And many times for high salt warning though the pool tests at the pool store are registering low salt. My theory is the low flow is causing the salt to seem concentrated but i'm no expert.

Sounds like you might be having an algae bloom. That will clog up the filter and reduce flow rates.

Also, if you are getting a lot of air into the filter, then you have an air leak somewhere on the suction side of the pump that needs to be fixed. How is the water level? Make sure air isn't getting sucked into the skimmers.

no pine trees around here. "Sounds like you might be having an algae bloom" so I can brush the bottom four hours ago and see blue pool bottom but jyst went out and totally green on the floor again - is that an algae bloom?
I would think so, especially if the FC dropped below recommended levels.

Do you have one of the recommended test kits? Can you post a full set of test results, especially the CYA.

We need these results so you can calculate your proper shock level and SLAM that pool. In the mean-time you better get that FC up. Using pool math put in enough bleach for 10ppm. Check it an hour later and post the results.

Dom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.