Had Some Work Done - Now Spa Jets Not Working

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the spa forum as it may be related to recent work I've had done on the pool. Anyway, had a swimming session yesterday and I couldn't get my spa jets to come on full blast. When I hit the spa button on my control panel, the jets output water similar to how it comes out of the pool, but there's no strong jet action. I've recently had some work done on the system, so not sure which is the culprit, or which company to call back out. Here's the work I've had done recently and they were both done within 4 days of each other. The spa worked fine the week prior to having these repairs (the last time I used it too).

1. Had spa check valve and filter backflow valve replaced to fix leaks: done by local pool company

2. Installed EcoStar variable speed 2HP pump: done by Leslie's Pool

I also personally updated the motherboard on my automated controller, so that i would be able to have the variable speed pump installed...but I used the spa after doing that with no problems. I was thinking maybe one of the guys changed a setting in the panel, but I went thru all the menus and couldn't find anything out of order, unless I'm missing something. Need your help...the wife is missing her spa! Thanks.

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about spa jets. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Busy day today for everyone. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Didn't get any replies to this, but thought I should just let you know the outcome in case someone else has the same problem. So it turned out to be a problem with my pump install. For some reason the guy that installed it capped the RPM limit on the actual pump controls to 2400 instead of to the maximum of 3400. So even though my automated control panel was set to 100% and showed it was running at 100%, it was actually just running at the 2400 RPMs. My spa needs the full output of the pump to run correctly. Everything good now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.