Hi all. I am a fairly new full TFP convert. I finished my first SLAM in late April. I have complete control of my pool and LOVE it. I think I"ve been a quick learner and have even given some advice to few newbies. I seem to be struggling with keeping my CH above 250 and PH rises somewhat quickly (it seems). I'm not sure if one is related to the other and/or if it's just the excessive amounts of rain that are making it difficult. Here are my current numbers:
FC - 6
CC - 0
PH - 7.4 (I had intentionally lowered it to 7.2 so it wouldn't rise too much while I'm away this week and my hubby won't baby sit the pool. We have an SWG and it seems to be set pretty well to maintain FC, but I add MA a couple of times a week. I'm also considering trying to lower the TA to see if that helps keep the PH more stable)
TA - 75
CYA - 75
CH 250 (last weekend it was 225 and I added enough CH increaser to get it to 300 according to pool math, but it obviously didn't hold, lot's of rain this week)
Salt Level - 3450 (according to my intellichlor)
According to Pool Math, my current CSI is -.56 sooo, I'm trying to get it closer to 0.
1. How concerned should I be about the CH?
2. Should I raise the CH to 350 since I know that it seems to lower quickly?
3. Should I be overly concerned about the CSI if all of my numbers are in place?
4. Is my situation unusual and/or does anyone have any advice as to what I should tackle first?
5. Is it just the battle of the Texas rain this year?
Thanks in advance,