Newbie with a CYA question...

Jun 20, 2015
Boston, MA
Hello all,

I've learned a lot here just reading the posts from others but I feel I need to ask a question regarding the CYA in my pool.

I have a 15' x 48" Intex with about 3800 gallons of water. I set it up about about 8-9 days ago. Per the PoolMath calculator I added about 16 ounces of non-liquid stabilizer' in an effort to get the CYA level to 30. I've read that it could take 5-7 days for the CYA reading to show on a test but, it has been 8-9 days and my test is still showing CYA at zero. I know my biggest issue is that I'm testing with unreliable test strips (AquaCheck) and I have since ordered a Taylor K-2006 kit. But, even with the test strip I would think some level of CYA would be detected?

I also initially added about 25 ounces of Clorox bleach in an attempt to get the FC to 3. The test strips show that the FC was and continues to be ok. The PH appears to be about 7.8 and TA about 120. It's just the CYA that seems to be out of whack.

The pool has been covered the whole time as the New England weather has not been great. Any suggestions/advice on my CYA issue?

Thanks !!

Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.