May 29, 2015
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Greetings!

I just wanted to pass along that I purchased and have received a TF-100 test kit! This is only my second season, and I have progressed from test strips, to the hth 6 way test kit, to the TF-100. I appreciate all the information that this forum provides, as it has helped me have clear water without having to pay the nearly $400.00 + that it cost me last year in pool store chemicals. My only chemical purchases this year so far have been bleach (I look for sales) and one box of Borax that I haven't had to use yet. So thanks to all that run this forum. I'll include my latest test results taken this morning so that if I am off the mark, hopefully I'll get a bit of friendly advice.

Carl

FC - 4.0
CC - 0
pH - 7.5---7.6
TA - 150
CYA - 40
Water Temp. 78 degrees :( (we need more sun!!)

Hello Carl, and great to see you have the proper test kit. :goodjob: Your numbers look pretty darn good. I'm assuming your water looks good as well? Your FC is just under your target, so I would simply suggest adding a little chlorine to make sure it never drops much lower than that target - especially when your temps pick-up. So now you are in control. Great to see. Now we just need another Super Bowl Ring. :) I lived in Swissvale for a couple years during he Bradshaw era. It's in my blood. :)

Great work on your pool water. Adding a bit of chlorine is probably a good idea but if you can carefully hold it at 4 ppm. I'll bet you go the whole season and never have cloudy water.

I have a dog in the fight, but having you report those solid numbers from what we know to be a solid kit sure makes it easier to analyze the results.

Happy Swimming!!

Yep, looking good!

TA is a little high. This could cause PH to tend to rise. So, keep an eye on PH and keep it between 7.2 and 7.8. Adding muriatic acid to lower PH will gradually lower TA. If your PH remains stable then don't worry about TA at all.

Oh, no... we've created a monster!

attachment.php

There's always this if you feel the savings are significant...

Thanks for the reply TS! Nice to hear from a fellow Steelers fan. I guess you can take the fan from Pittsburgh, but you can't take Pittsburgh out of the fan! :) Your assumption about my water is correct. It's as clear as a bell. And I will be diligent about the chlorine numbers. It makes things so much easier by staying on top of the maintenance!

Ooops,

I just revealed my inexperience in replying on the forum. I want to thank the rest of you who replied to my post also. Your positive replies let me know that I'm on the right path. As for my TA, it's been a bit high from the start, and I have considered doing the acid/aeration to lower it. I guess I've been a bit hesitant since I've read:study: that as long as Chlorine level and pH are in line, if TA isn't ridiculously high I should be ok. That said, I am a bit picky about the numbers being in line, so I may do this yet.

Carl

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.