New dig June 11th TX

Crepe myrtle was scratched off as we have 3 in front yard and yes a bit messy with flowering and leaves. Not sure citrus is doable in DFW area? I don't want to deal with a lot of leaves but thinking the 1 Chinese Pistache is workable.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still catching up on threads..... Your pool is amazing!!! What beautiful water color! I love it. And it looks like it's already set up for fun!!

I would like to see pictures of your dog swimming. People ok, but really want to see the dog! Lol!!!!

I'm also not familiar with many of your plants. The DFW area does have a different climate than ours even though ya'll aren't too far away.

I've heard the Magnolia Little Gem is a good one, and I love mondo grass. It just tickles me, makes me smile for some reason. I plan to add the mondo grass to my backyard next spring. I'm afraid many of the plants I'm familiar with wouldn't work for your area. But if you like it, try it. If it starts going downhill, move it. Strike three, and it's out.

Good call on the crepe myrtle. I have a huge one behind my pool in a corner. I love it and will do all I can to keep it, but I would never plant one after a pool is in. It's still the summer, and everyday the skimmers are full of the tiny flower petals. Then in late fall and early winter, the leaves will fall. A million smallish leaves. Did I mention there will be a million leaves???? Then there are the bean pods. Like I said, I think we can manage but only because we all want to keep it. We've had it 26 years.

You're going to have fun picking out the plants and watching them grow. And the best part???? Jumping in the pool when you need a break from planting and growing the plants!!

Suz.

I love it!! Reminds me of ours a bit. Keep us updated on landscaping. I'm tentatively planning rosemary, various salvias, yucca, and tbd tree. Already have a CM in the back and I don't want to move it, so it's staying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sago palms are a good idea. Tropical and compact. Magnolia little gem is deciduous so can be messy but nothing like a crepte myrtle. You could consider podocarpus hedge along the fencing to really green things up. Mondo grass is great but can burn easier that expected in direct high intensity sun.

Thought I would update the build thread with what our simple landscape job turned out to look like. Only thing I regret is not doing a robot! Love everything else and the simple maintenance of pool and landscape to this point.

005508069c7a0b4bbddd40a2b2b270c6.jpg
17a035f6d36b0d25c784490b08776bff.jpg
0aa2e49e1b23944edd72967300564aff.jpg
14baa9306f7b6f012154ccce46fe59c1.jpg
93d334c96ad5a740566a0cb35f1a94ac.jpg
639bf7ef03308ad73f3bdf5940d4df08.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool and landscaping look great, congratulations! We are in the beginning stages of a build and are also doing the Aqua blue mini pebble, loving the color more and more each time I see it. We also will have a heat pump, how do you like yours so far, did it keep the pool comfortable well into the fall? One more question, do you feel like your 1 light does a good job lighting your pool, I'm almost past the point of no return for changing my lightly, currently doing 1 5g, and also a glowbrite over the shelf in the shallow end. Thanks in advance for sharing, looking forward to spring...

lastdon87, Thank you.
We love the color as well. Looks great in full sun and shades change as sun moves, looks cool and refreshing! As far as heat pump goes we haven't used it yet. Not due to being warm enough but just haven't been in pool this winter yet. Maybe I shouldn't have paid for it? I need to do it just to at least test it but haven't. The 1 5G light is pretty good. Depending on your shape and position of it matters for coverage. I would say the light you added for your shelf is great idea. Maybe a glowbrite over you steps as well? Again, probably depends on where the 5G is placed.

Everything looks great! Thanks for posting so many photos. The more pictures I see of the aqua blue mini pebble, the more I like it. I'm having the same done on my pool remodel, and I'm adding in some glass beads for a little extra sparkle. Really beautiful!

Your pool and yard turned out beautiful!! Love the water color and the stepping stones!

How do you like your chaises? I think those are the same ones I am looking at, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Would you mind sharing the details on yours?

Nurseini, the chaises were a Sams Club 2 pk deal at a great price at the time. Wicker look but plastic. They have nice shape and comfortable to sit/lay on but not the best quality. Will see how many seasons we get out of them..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.