Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar direct (DC) pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar direct (DC) pump

Folks in the south - tried a PV direct pump yet? I have been using one for about a week now....

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar direct (DC) pump

How much panel/wattage do you need to actually run that pump? Got a link to its specs?
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

3. Back To Top    #3

It depends on how much you want to pump. The larger the array, the more pumping. I am using a Lorentz C17.1 Pump and PS 600 controller tied to 1,500 W of solar which is wired to produce 75 V.

20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

4. Back To Top    #4

PS Solar Pump Systems for Pools | LORENTZ - Solar Pumps, Solar Trackers, PV Modules, Solar Parks

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's the deal - this is a german company. If you are going to get one, order the north american adaptor to use with 2in plumbing. Also be careful on the wiring - there are three hot leads - including a green one which is NOT ground - it is one of the phases - ground is a standard bolt inside the pump and controller....but with all that sorted out, so far i am very pleases with it. Raining and cloudy today and it is still pumping (including through a sand filter and heater)